Uptown Charlotte 1
Charlotte, NC 28202
4:00 p.m. Friday, Nov. 16, 2012
Food | Wine,
Networking | Business
What is Southern Cuisine? Have you ever experienced Southern Hospitality? Can you get more locally Southern than the farm up the road? On this tour, we sample and sip our way through some of Uptown Charlotte’s best representations of the local South. Chefs and restaurant owners will explain the influence of Southern Heritage in their cuisine & beverage menus. Many of their recipes are Southern family traditions, others are created by what a local farm can provide that week, and some are a modern twist on Southern cuisine. We will get a taste of craft beers made right here in the South and stroll along city streets by some great examples of Charlotte’s historical past.
• Sample culinary treasures from a variety of locally owned restaurants, farms, and artisans.
• Meet the owners and chefs and hear their passionate stories about their business, personal journey, and specialties.
• Behind-the-scenes glimpse into a late 1800′s Southern Home.
• Taste an example of craft beer produced either in Charlotte or North Carolina.
• A glimpse into Charlotte’s city market full of culinary shopping gems.
• Wine tastings paired nicely with delicious Southern family recipes.
• See great examples of Old South architecture and learn some Charlotte history along the way.
Locally owned & operated. To register and for more information, visit our website - www.feastfoodtours.com $47 per person (including food & beverage)