York Technical College
452 South Anderson Road
Rock Hill, SC 29730
6:00 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013
Networking | Business
The S.C. Bar Pro Bono Program is sponsoring Legal Lessons: A Series for the Public, a seven-week program designed to give the public an overview of the South Carolina legal system and insight into common legal problems people face.
The series will be held on Thursday evenings beginning Sept. 12 and continuing through Oct. 24 from 6 to 9 p.m. Classes will be held at York Technical College/Rock Hill Campus located at 452 S. Anderson Rd. in Rock Hill. The schedule is as follows:
• September 12—overview of state courts and alternative dispute resolution
• September 19—juvenile justice and overview of child protection hearings
• September 26—family law, real estate and landlord-tenant law
• October 3—wills, estates and probate, health care and elder law
• October 10—S.C. workers’ compensation and employment law
• October 17—bankruptcy law, consumer law and debt collection
• October 24—criminal law and torts
The deadline to enroll is Tuesday, Sept. 10. The cost of the seven-week course is $45 and includes course materials. To register, call (803) 325-2888 or visit www.yorktech.com/CE. For all other questions, contact the S.C. Bar Pro Bono Program at (803) 799-6653, ext. 158.