Did you get expensive gifts over the holidays? Have you thought about documenting your belongings?
It is a smart idea to record video of important items that you own so that, in case there is a fire or someone steals your belongings, you have a record of what you have and can prove it to insurance companies.
Narrating the video is also a good idea as you take a tour of your home, highlighting high-priced items such as jewelry, TVs and other electronics.
Taking photographs of important documents is also an ideal practice, in case of an emergency.
Uploading the video and photographs into the cloud or emailing them to yourself is a good practice in case you lose the device on which you recorded the assets.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- ‘I can’t describe the savagery’: Lesbian couple, 2 children found slain day after Christmas
- Mother sues school district over voicemail mocking special needs daughter
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s weekend forecast outlook
- SC woman slips out of handcuffs, hijacks cruiser, deputies say
- Lawsuit claims Charlotte eye doctor denied workers pay for time off, bonuses
- NC woman accused of theft from Ohio cancer charity
© 2018 Cox Media Group.