GASTONIA, N.C. - Thieves keep targeting the Family Storage Center on Bessemer City Road in Gastonia.
It has 'no trespassing' signs, a fence and barbed wire, but police said thieves still got in.
Action 9 obtained five police reports with a combined 19 victims since February. The three most recent cases happened since Thanksgiving. Victims claim to have lost thousands of dollars worth of belongings.
Police said the first two cases are inactive, which means they can’t pursue them until they get fresh tips. As for the most recent ones, they’re still investigating.
Roger Austin was one of the first victims. He said thieves broke into his storage unit but didn’t take or damage anything.
Others weren’t so lucky.
Some victims said they lost motorcycles and dirt bikes and a TV. One victim told Action 9 he lost something much more valuable to him than to thieves -- family pictures.
Before renting a storage space anywhere, make sure you’re comfortable with the business’s security measures.
- Seriously injured man found in street with gunshot wounds
- Woman accused of posting Craigslist ad, taking cash to rent property she didn't own
- Woman dies after losing control, hitting tree when tire blows out in Iredell County
- Wake County residents upset after finding KKK flyers on driveways
- Police: Suspects wanted for Christmas break-ins at Gastonia restaurants
© 2018 Cox Media Group.