Worried about raising $1,800 for the AVON Walk for Breast Cancer?
Avon provides many fundraising tips and resources here. They will even provide you with your own coach and plenty of fundraising clinics to make sure you hit your end goal.
Still feeling nervous? Here are some other fundraising ideas:
- Get your community involved and host a yard sale where all the proceeds go toward your AWBC.
- Sell raffle tickets for an item that was donated or something handmade like a quilt to keep costs low.
- Start a pool for the March Madness basketball tournament and sell brackets to co-workers and friends.
- 50/50 raffles are very cost effective.
- Host a car wash at a local business in your town.
- Ask a local business to support your cause and donate a portion of the proceeds.
- On your birthday ask for donations instead of gifts (Who needs another knickknack?).
- Throw a potluck luncheon at work and ask for donations from people who attend. (It’s much cheaper than buying a meal at a restaurant!)
- Bake sales always go over well.
- Certain companies like Stella & Dot and Thirty-One will let you host a product party or trunk show and will donate a portion to your charity.
- USE SOCIAL MEDIA. You can reach so many people all at the same time.
- Ask people to donate a specific amount, even $1 a mile makes a BIG impact.
Remember every dollar counts!