COLUMBIA, S.C. - Two men who admitted to blowing smoke into a young alligator’s mouth and pouring beer down its throat have been charged with harassing wildlife.
State Department of Natural Resources spokeswoman Kyndel McConchie said Friday that 20-year-old Joseph Andrew Floyd Jr. and 21-year-old Zachary Lloyd Brown admitted to officers that they picked up the alligator after they saw it crossing the road.
McConchie said the two Ridgeland men also acknowledged posting photos of their actions on social media.
Authorities said Floyd told officers they released the alligator and watched it swim away in a nearby pond.
The misdemeanor charge of harassing wildlife carries a maximum fine of $300.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Body believed to be missing Charlotte Uber driver beaten, bound, sources say
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane
- Kings Mountain grandfather killed in overnight mobile home fire
- CMPD: SUV barrels through backyards, driver hospitalized
- North Carolina boy, 11, bitten by copperhead at his birthday party
- WATCH: Wrongly convicted man released after 24 years in prison for murder
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
2 arrested in South Carolina for trying to force alligator to drink beer
Blue Cross and Blue Shield ACA rates going up in 2018
Manhunt underway after 3 killed in Maryland office shooting
Mayor declares Wednesday #CLTisPrime Day to lure Amazon HQ
Family says Trump told fallen soldier's widow that husband 'knew what he…