GASTONIA, N.C. - Three people in Gastonia were taken to the hospital after a heater caught fire on Sunday.
The fire department sent Eyewitness News a picture of the damage left near the water heater. Firefighters said combustible materials were too close to the water heater.
Firefighters said the apartment had about $20,000 worth of damage.
The three people transported were treated for breathing in smoke.
3 treated after water heater catches fire
Chesterfield County paramedic accused of stealing morphine for own use
Tribute, vigil planned this week for Olympic High basketball player
Airline contractor at airport exposes himself to 16-year-old girl, sources say
Erin Andrews diagnosed with cervical cancer during 2016 NFL season