by: Alexa Ashwell Updated:
LANCASTER, S.C. - Logan Cox, a 3-year-old who was trapped last Wednesday in a hot car in Lancaster, South Carolina, died Sunday, according to an official at Carolinas Medical Center.
His parents, Amber Bender and Trevor Cox, are still in shock.
They said they had hope this weekend because 3-year-old Logan was showing good signs at the hospital.
Logan suffered severe heat stroke when he walked outside while they dozed off on the couch last Wednesday and climbed into a car with his dog. He couldn't get back out of the car.
After about 30 minutes his mother woke up, yelling for him.
“I jumped up, I screamed, I screamed his name. I was like, 'Logan! Logan,' looking everywhere,” Bender said.
She saw the blinkers on her car flashing, and found the boy inside, passed out. His dog was with him and already dead.
She got him inside, and he was airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center.
Bender said people who are lashing out at her, don't know her.
"I just want people to stop judging me. I am a very good mother,” Bender said.
Both parents said it was a terrible accident. Sheriff's deputies and the Department of Social Services are still investigating.
To read the original story, click here.
Mother speaks out after 3-year-old dies in hot car
Citizens Review Board: Evidence of error exists in CMPD's deadly…
Woman who connected with Hailey Burns: 'Insanely relieved, insanely shocked'
MUST SEE: Alleged impaired driver swerves on road, ends in dramatic…
New cyberattack causes mass disruption globally