CHARLOTTE - The Charlotte Fire Department responded to a suspicious odor call at the 2800 block of Interstate Drive on Monday afternoon.
They classified it as a hazardous materials situation. According to officials on scene, they were investigating for potential carbon monoxide poisoning at the Charlotte branch of Wikoff Color.
One patient was transported to Carolinas Medical Center by ambulance. The Medic Mass Casualty bus responded to the scene as well. Three patients were treated on scene and released. Six additional patients were transported to CMC by the Mass Casualty bus.
All affected employees have been treated and released, according to a news release from Wikoff management.
“We are deeply concerned about the well-being of our employees and are cooperating fully with authorities to further investigate the situation,” Wikoff management said in the news release. “Our company has a comprehensive safety protocol that we review regularly and follow closely to implement stringent safety precautions on a daily basis.”
The Fire Department is still on scene investigating.
7 transported after potential carbon monoxide poisoning
WATCH LIVE: Trump officially sworn in as America's 45th president
MINUTE-BY-MINUTE: Live updates on swearing-in, speech, parade, protests
Homicide investigation underway after man found dead in Hickory apartment
Donald Trump inauguration: Here's a schedule of events