by: Jenna Deery Updated:
CONCORD, N.C. - The man accused of killing three women in three Concord homes has a long history of domestic violence and 911 tapes released Tuesday provided more information about what may have motivated the shooting spree.
The 911 call was chilling as a man tried to help one of the three women shot.
That call came from inside a home on Geneva Drive from the boyfriend of 45-year-old Sheila Serrano, who pleaded for help after he said she had been shot four times.
Investigators said 37-year-old Darryl Anderson shot Serrano, then Sharon Cox and her daughter Jessica Cox.
Family members said Cox was Anderson's ex-girlfriend and mother of his three children.
They believe jealousy may have fueled the shooting spree.
Court records indicated Cox filed for a restraining order in November against Anderson asking a judge also to order him to stay away from her mother and sister.
She wrote about excessive phone calls from Anderson, abuse her children witnessed and threats she said he made of future harm.
Less than three months after the filing, her life was taken.
Anderson has a long criminal history including child abuse, assault and weapons charges.
He has a court date in April on recent trespassing and domestic assault charges and is due in court on March 6 on the murder charges.
To see more local news stories, click here.
911 call released in Concord triple shooting
Family defends SC woman accused of putting 4-day-old son in refrigerator
Surgical assistant arrested in drug trafficking scheme, Rowan Co. deputies say
Surveillance video catches women breaking into vehicles in Charlotte
Autopsy reveals CMPD recruit died from overheating