FORT MILL, S.C. - 911 calls were released Monday in the shooting of a 19-year-old clerk at Fort Mill’s iconic Peach Stand in January.
Christopher Mendez, 28, is charged with murder and possession of a firearm in the killing of Karson Whitesell, of Rock Hill.
"Peach Stand. Shots fired," said the first caller.
A woman told the 911 dispatcher she was hiding in the back of the store and whispered as she said, "I see bullets."
"Please hurry...I'm hiding," she said.
The third caller told the dispatcher someone had been shot and killed.
"I heard boom, boom, boom, boom," he said.
"We took off running out the back door," said another caller.
Police later said they believed the shooting was a random crime committed by Mendez.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Kannapolis police arrest man in connection with death of 17-day-old baby
- Police: Toddler badly hurt after ambulance hit by drunk driver dies
- After 20 years, woman admits to kidnapping baby, raising her in SC
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Tuesday forecast outlook
- Feds: Military impersonator in NC used helicopter to impress woman
© 2018 Cox Media Group.