CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police detectives determined Tuesday that a man’s body that was found over the weekend near uptown Charlotte was the result of a homicide.
Officers and paramedics were called around 1:15 p.m. Saturday to the 900 block of North College Street, where they found Joseph Bellamy suffering from unknown trauma.
Detectives canvassed the area and located witnesses to the incident.
The Mecklenburg County Medical Examiner’s Office contacted police Tuesday and presented their findings. Based on the information, investigators determined that Bellamy’s death is a homicide.
No arrests have been made.
This is the city’s 63rd homicide of 2017.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- HURRICANE TRACKER: Irma strengthens to Cat 5; takes aim at Caribbean
- Letting kids sleep in could save U.S. $9 billion a year, study finds
- Boyfriend accused of killing UNCC professor now behind bars
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Raleigh man who blames cold meds for stabbing wife to death faces judge
- 3 in critical condition after car plunges into river near Myrtle Beach
© 2017 Cox Media Group.