Updated:BOONE, N.C. (AP)
arolina authorities have canceled a media conference about the investigation into three carbon monoxide deaths last year at a Boone motel.
Sergeant Shane Robbins of the Boone police department says the news conference planned Monday afternoon has been canceled because of weather conditions. Robbins says the news conference will be rescheduled.
Daryl Dean Jenkins and Shirley Mae Jenkins of Washington state died at the motel April 16. Several weeks later, 11-year-old Jeffrey Lee Williams of Rock Hill, S.C., died in the same room.
Autopsies later confirmed all three guests died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Officials have blamed a faulty pool heater for sending lethal levels of carbon monoxide into the room.