The boyfriend of a missing teacher in Charlotte is still in custody in Chicago.
Angelo Smith went before a judge on Saturday morning. He was arrested there by federal marshals on a misdemeanor charge of contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile.
Detectives with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department were hoping to question Smith about the disappearance of his girlfriend, Bianca Tanner, almost three weeks ago.
Smith has not been named a suspect in her disappearance.
READ PAST COVERAGE:
- June 16: Missing teacher's son told police boyfriend 'hurt mommy in the face'
- June 15: Police, family, friends search for missing teacher
- June 13:Family of missing teacher Bianca Tanner in Charlotte to help search
- June 12: Search for missing teacher now homicide investigation
- June 10: Police seeking public’s help to find missing teacher