CABARRUS COUNTY, N.C. - Heavy rains over the last several hours have prompted the North Carolina Department of Transportation to temporarily close several roads in Cabarrus County flooded by rising waters. Sections of the Rocky River may reach 17 feet and spill over its banks today, while localized flooding is still possible across parts of the Charlotte region through Friday afternoon.
NCDOT crews have closed the following roads due to high water:
• Hopewell Church Road between Kiser Road and Garmon Mill Road in Midland;
• Lake Lynn Road at Twinfield Drive in Concord;
• Bowman Barrier Road between Long Run Farm Road and Eastover Road in Mount Pleasant;
• Pharr Mill Road between Rocky River Road and Sequoia Hills Road in Harrisburg;
• Hahn Scott Road at Lambert Road in Mount Pleasant;
• Pinebluff Road at Bluffton Drive in Midland.
Motorists who come to a location with high water should turn around and seek an alternate route. The water across the road may be too deep to cross safely.
Cabarrus Co. roads temporarily closed due to rising waters
Man killed after losing control of car when speeding around curve, police say
15-year-old shot in chest during argument in Chesterfield County
Police investigating Charlotte's 33rd homicide at uptown apartments
Reports: Comey knew Clinton email info was fake, created by Russia