CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. - A 20-year-old Lawndale man will spend at least 25 years in prison after pleading guilty as charged to sex-related criminal acts involving a minor.
Jacob Marcus Humphries pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree sexual offense and one count of indecent liberties with a child Wednesday in Catawba County Superior Court.
Humphries could serve up to 35 years and will have to register as a sex offender for 30 years.
The offenses occurred Aug. 3 and 4, 2015, and from Aug. 18 to Sept. 5, 2015, when the female victim was 7 years old, and involved inappropriate touching.
EDITOR'S NOTE: The Catawba County District Attorney sent Channel 9 an incorrect mugshot of Jacob Humphries. The correct mugshot is now pictured above.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- HURRICANE TRACKER: Maria slams Puerto Rico as Category 4 storm
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man following chase, standoff in Monroe
- Tractor-trailer overturns, spills thousands of batteries on I-77
- Amber Alert issued after parents abduct NC 3-month-old girl
- WATCH: Vicki Graf's Wednesday forecast outlook
© 2018 Cox Media Group.