CHARLOTTE - Michael and Nicole Gross were injured in last year’s Boston Marathon bombing. On Monday, the couple released a statement saying they will be returning to Boston for the Marathon’s 118th running.
The statement read:
“It is with great pride and gratitude that we will return to Boston this year for the Tribute event and the 118th running of the Boston Marathon. We are tremendously grateful for the generous outpouring of support and love from our neighbors in Charlotte the people in Boston and from individuals all over the world during our most difficult days. We will never be able to express how truly thankful we are. While we mark this one year of recovery with many milestones of hope we wanted to express our appreciation to everyone who helped that day and in the past year. Many of us have much healing to do and our recovery may never be complete but the hope of spring, the renewal of a new year and the love of everyone has given us even more optimism for better days ahead. Our family has shown us the power of enduring courage and hope and we look forward to cheering on our Mom Carol and Brother Brian and our many friends that are running this year to help us recapture our memories of the Marathon. It will be a great moment to watch them cross that Finish Line and take back the joy of race day on Boylston Street. We are proud to join the many fans in cheering on all the runners who will make this year’s Marathon the most special one ever. We also want to express our appreciation to members of the press who continue to respect our privacy and allow us the opportunity to privately recognize this most important day with our family and friends. #bestrongstaystrong”
Charlotte couple injured in Boston bombing will return
'It was not my day to go,' crash victim says
DEA says Kratom as dangerous as heroin, places it on Schedule I
Man who beat girlfriend to death, burned her body, says 'demon' came out of him
Sponsored: Join Super Cam Club to help fund youth education