CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Officials told Channel 9 that an apartment manager was responsible for crashing an SUV into one of her apartment units early Monday morning in east Charlotte.
The crash happened around 6:30 a.m. on Cedars East Court, right off Independence Boulevard near Idlewild Road.
Investigators told Channel 9 that the manager was driving around the property when she hit the gas pedal instead of the brake and slammed into one of the units.
There were children inside eating breakfast when the car plowed into the unit, but they are expected to be OK.
It was unclear if any charges would be filed.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 3 arrested, another sought after man shot to death inside car in Gastonia
- Hackers target DOT road signs in Charlotte with vulgar messages
- 130 displaced after huge 3-alarm fire rips through Charlotte apartments
- WATCH: Keith Monday's week ahead forecast
- Police identify man killed in motorcycle collision with car
- CELLPHONE VIDEO: Flames engulf east Charlotte apartment building
© 2018 Cox Media Group.