CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police announced Thursday morning that another business has been hit by a man who they believe is behind a string of robberies.
Police sources said a man robbed a Subway restaurant on Park Road Thursday.
On Monday, a man went into the Carriage Cleaners on Colony Road and held employees at gunpoint and demanded cash, investigators said.
He is described as a white man in his 30’s, about five feet 10 inches tall, muscular and bald.
Investigators said the man is so quiet when he holds up a place that customers may not be aware of what's going on.
"He's committing crimes that are extremely violent crimes, again an armed robbery,” CMPD Sgt. Brian Scharf said. “He has a gun he's pointing it at somebody. He's demanding money. A lot of things can happen, whether it be intentionally or accidentally."
Police believe that the suspect is connected to five other robberies in Charlotte that started Nov. 15.
Below is the list of robberies that CMPD is investigating:
- On Nov. 15, at approximately 11:55 a.m., a man entered the China Fun business, located at 9020 Albemarle Road in the Hickory Grove Division, and robbed the business at gunpoint of cash.
- On Nov. 17, at approximately 5:20 p.m., a white man entered the Smoothie King, located at 3020 Prosperity Church Road in the University City Division. The suspect proceeded to rob the business at gunpoint of cash.
- On Nov. 19, at approximately 6:25 p.m., a white man entered the Papa Murphy’s, located at 16015 Lancaster Highway in the South Division. The suspect then attempted to rob the business but was unsuccessful and fled the scene.
- On Nov. 20, at approximately 5:14 p.m., a man suspect entered the Dairy Queen, located at 3020 Prosperity Church Road in the University City Division. The suspect brandished a firearm and attempted to rob the business but was unsuccessful and fled the scene.
- On Nov. 28, at approximately 6:47 p.m., a man entered the Starbucks, located at 545 Providence Road in the Providence Division. The suspect proceeded to rob the store at gunpoint of cash.
"If they are asking for property, give them the property,” CMPD spokesman Rob Tufano said. “That can always be replaced.”
Although the robber has managed to elude capture for three weeks, officers don't think he's clever, just lucky and that it’s only a matter of time before he's caught.
Police said he usually paces in front of a business before he enters. He also wears sunglasses.
Anyone with information on any of the cases or the person responsible is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Mecklenburg County's ransomware recovery will take days
- Remains positively identified as slain 3-year-old NC girl, DA says
- TRACKING: Possibility of snow flurries Friday as temps plunge
- Woman reports being groped on United flight to Charlotte; FBI investigates
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Thursday forecast outlook
- Eye doctor accused of sexual assault makes public statement online
© 2017 Cox Media Group.