CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police released a surveillance picture of the person who they said shot and killed a 7-Eleven clerk in southwest Charlotte.
CMPD also announced a $15,000 reward, leading to an arrest in Khaled Mohamad Elmerkabaoui's shooting death.
Officials with 7-Eleven are offering a $10,000 reward on top of CMPD's $5,000 reward.
The surveillance picture shows the person in a red hoodie with their face covered.
The 55-year-old victim was found by witnesses who came into the convenience store Saturday morning on Westinghouse Boulevard.
Officers said Elmerkabaoui was completely cooperative and offered no resistance, but that didn’t stop the robber from shooting and killing him.
Police are also looking for five witness in the case who could help them find the gunman.
Anyone with information about the witnesses or the incident is asked to call 704-432-TIPS (8477) and speak directly to a homicide detective. Detective Dudley is the lead detective assigned to the case. The public can also call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- 'Nobody saved us': NC man describes childhood in abusive 'cult'
- Bridge to be dedicated in honor of fallen Pineville firefighter
- CMPD officer faces involuntary manslaughter charge in deadly crash
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- SC newlyweds share story of terrifying shark attack during honeymoon
- Journalist corresponds with SC serial killer serving life in prison
© 2018 Cox Media Group.