CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools will dismiss two hours early Tuesday.
The Charlotte region is under a winter storm watch and weather reports indicate that our area will receive a significant amount of snow this week. District leaders have been working with local city and county officials to monitor weather and road conditions.
An early dismissal schedule means:
· All buses will run routes two hours earlier than the normal time.
· All after-school and athletic activities are canceled.
· All field trips are canceled.
· After-school Enrichment Program will be closed, however, staff will remain at sites until all ASEP students have been picked up.
· Community Use of Schools events are canceled.
· Lunch will be served at all schools.
CMS will continue to monitor weather and road conditions throughout the evening.
Other schools, including Avery, Caldwell, Catawba and Watauga, have called for a two-hour delay Tuesday morning. Union County will dismiss three hours early. See a full list of closings and delays.
Click here to read more: Minute-by-Minute: Forecast shows snow in Charlotte
CMS to dismiss 2 hours early Tuesday
Police: Driver tries to hit pedestrian, later dies in north Charlotte wreck
Bank places 'lucky pennies' in Charlotte worth $1,000 each
Teen killed day before birthday in Steele Creek shooting, police say
Lockdown at Catawba Valley Community College lifted after threat