CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools will dismiss two hours early Tuesday.
The Charlotte region is under a winter storm watch and weather reports indicate that our area will receive a significant amount of snow this week. District leaders have been working with local city and county officials to monitor weather and road conditions.
An early dismissal schedule means:
· All buses will run routes two hours earlier than the normal time.
· All after-school and athletic activities are canceled.
· All field trips are canceled.
· After-school Enrichment Program will be closed, however, staff will remain at sites until all ASEP students have been picked up.
· Community Use of Schools events are canceled.
· Lunch will be served at all schools.
CMS will continue to monitor weather and road conditions throughout the evening.
Other schools, including Avery, Caldwell, Catawba and Watauga, have called for a two-hour delay Tuesday morning. Union County will dismiss three hours early. See a full list of closings and delays.
Click here to read more: Minute-by-Minute: Forecast shows snow in Charlotte
CMS to dismiss 2 hours early Tuesday
Construction worker falls off bridge, drowns in Catawba River, officials say
Part of East Independence Boulevard shut down due to sinkhole
Exonerated Charlotte man who served 25 years in prison sues city, investigators
Parents warned about clown luring kids into woods in South Carolina