GASTON COUNTY, N.C. - The defense rested Wednesday in the trial of a former Gaston County coach accused of sexually assaulting three wrestlers.
Scott Goins' attorneys asked the judge to dismiss the case, but a judge said no.
The prosecution called several rebuttal witnesses.
Channel 9 will have a full recap of what happened in court Wednesday on Eyewitness News at 5 p.m.
Read our past coverage:
- June 5, 2013: Police: Gaston Co. coach accused of molesting students
- June 6, 2013: 3rd student accuses coach of sexual abuse
- April 1: Judge OKs contact between accused coach's attorney, victims
- July 15: Jury selection starts for former coach accused of sex abuse
- July 18: Witness describes how he says former coach ‘groomed’ him
- July 21: Former wrestler testifies in trial of coach accused of sexual misconduct
- July 22: 2nd accuser testifies against former wrestling coach
- July 23: Third accuser takes stand in former wrestling coach’s trial
- July 25: Accuser said he tried to kill coach charged with sex abuse
- July 28:Defense calls 4 to stand during wrestling coach’s trial
- July 30: 5 witnesses take stand in trial of former wrestling coach
- July 31: Wife of former coach accused of sex assault takes stand in trial
- Aug. 1: Defense calls former coach accused of sex abuse takes stand
- Aug. 4: Ex-wrestler takes stand in trial of coach accused of molestation
- Aug. 5: Tensions rise at trial of coach accused of child molestation