Updated:UNION COUNTY —
In a statement made Sunday, Dunkin’ Donuts said there was a plumbing issue at the Monroe restaurant on Jan. 31, but they cannot confirm if the issue is connected to the dozen reported illnesses in the past couple of weeks.
"Dunkin' Donuts has very stringent food safety and operational standards. We are aware there was a plumbing issue at the Monroe restaurant on January 31st, and the franchise owner took the required and necessary steps to clean and sanitize the restaurant properly. As an added precaution, the franchisee has arranged for an outside cleaning company to conduct an additional cleaning and sanitation,” said Dunkin’ Donuts spokeswoman Michelle King. “While we cannot confirm the cause of their illnesses, the few employees who exhibited any symptoms three weeks after the incident were told to leave the establishment. Dunkin' Donuts has a strict policy to send any sick employees home immediately upon notification.”
King also said upon learning of the Union County notice, the company immediately sent one of their certified operations managers to conduct a thorough inspection of the restaurant and they have also been working directly with the Union County Health Department.
To read the original article, click here.
Dunkin' Donuts had plumbing problem, investigating possible link to illness
Hornets co-owner blasts Charlotte city council for NBA All-Star Game exit
Hillary Clinton chooses vice presidential running mate
'No Swimming' advisory issued for Ramsey Creek Beach
CMPD chief shares what molded him into a leader