CHARLOTTE, N.C. - There was a special moment before the Philadelphia Eagles took the field Thursday night at Bank of America stadium.
The Eagles wide receiver Marcus Johnson was baptized at the pool of his team’s hotel before the game.
Johnson tweeted a picture of him in the pool.
Several of his teammates surrounded the pool and held hands during the baptism.
Johnson wrote, “First time being Baptized! Corporate Worship is a beautiful thing!! Cleansed & Reborn in JESUS name!!”
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 2 Elizabeth City prison workers killed in unsuccessful escape
- Trump to issue stop-payment order on health care subsidies
- Kuechly evaluated for concussion as Panthers fall to Eagles, 28-23
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Friday forecast outlook
- Hickory man charged after missing NC girl found in prostitution sting
- Man dies after being shot in stomach; Charlotte's 73rd homicide of 2017
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Eagles WR baptized in Charlotte hotel pool before game against Panthers
Southern Christmas Show increases security after abduction attempt
"Mimi" Cecil, of The Biltmore Company died Friday
Charlotte woman earns prestigious George J. Mitchell scholarship
Rev. Jesse Jackson diagnosed with Parkinson's disease