CHARLOTTE, N.C. - North Carolina's Secretary of Commerce hopes to have a plan in place by May to keep TV and film companies coming into the state.
The state's film incentives are set to expire in January.
Crews have been shooting several shows for network and cable TV, including ‘Homeland,’ ‘Sleepy Hollow’ and ‘Banshee.’
Governor McCrory said film production led to almost $250 million in revenue last year -- and that led to more than 25,000 full-time and temporary jobs.
Charlotte Mayor Patrick Cannon said if the film incentives don't continue, all the work done to attract and plan a multi-million dollar studio for the old Eastland Mall would be for nothing.
The developer wants Charlotte to set aside $37 million for the project.
Eastland Mall project could be in jeopardy as state film incentives set…
Suspect in custody with East Meck student's fatal shooting, sources say
Arrest made after man hit, killed by truck on I-85 following argument
Visitor restrictions go into effect Friday at local hospitals due to flu
Most oil pipeline opponents leave North Dakota protest camp