The Novant Health Charlotte Marathon will be Saturday beginning at 7:30 a.m. in Romare Bearden Park.
Event organizers expect 5,000 participants.
This popular event, formerly the Thunder Road Marathon, Half-Marathon and 5K, involves numerous street and lane closures along the marathon route.
It follows a course through the Dilworth, Myers Park, South End, Third Ward, Belmont, NoDa, Plaza-Midwood, Chantilly, Elizabeth, and Second Ward neighborhoods.
The race will finish on South Mint Street at BB&T Ballpark.
Traffic delays should be expected along the marathon route.
Uptown road closures on Saturday, Nov. 11:
- Fourth Street between Graham and Poplar streets: 5 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Poplar Street between Fourth and Mint streets: 5 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Mint Street including Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard intersection: 5 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard between Graham and Church streets: 5 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Graham Street from Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard to Fourth Street: 5 a.m. to 9 a.m.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Expect traffic closures ahead of Novant Health Charlotte Marathon
5 teens arrested, accused of leading police on chase following string of crimes
Police identify man killed in shooting near West Charlotte High School
Officials identify 2 of 3 killed in Union County rollover crash
Major fire breaks out at Pennsylvania senior living community