ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. - The Rowan County volunteer firefighter who was shot in the head during a botched robbery is still recovering in the hospital.
Marcus Kauffman’s family posted an update on the Praying for Marco Facebook page Thursday night.
Doctors said he is making progress and the left side of his brain looks mostly unharmed.
SLIDESHOW: Scene of shooting
The family said doctors seemed very encouraged by the progress Kauffman has made.
The Subway in Cleveland is holding a fundraiser for Marcus on Friday.
Twenty percent of the proceeds will help pay for his medical expenses.
CHOPPER 9: Police investigate shooting in Rowan Co.
Police are still looking for a man connected to the shooting.
They believe Tramel Hart is an accessory to the crime.
Three others are already facing charges.
Investigators said Kauffman and his pregnant wife were coming back from a Thanksgiving trip when he was shot.
- Dec. 11: Gun stolen from home of firefighter who was shot recovered
- Dec. 9: Suspected shooter of volunteer firefighter makes first court appearance
- Dec. 6: Two arrested in Rowan Co. shooting of firefighter
- Dec. 5: Investigators: Suspect shot volunteer firefighter in head during robbery
- Dec. 4: Authorities still search for person who shot volunteer firefighter
- Dec. 3: Volunteer firefighter remains in critical condition after being shot in head
- Dec. 3: Police still searching for gunman after man shot in head in own driveway
Family: Volunteer firefighter shot in head making progress
WATCH THIS: Black bear spotted in Waxhaw neighborhood
Uber East Coast regional GM donates $10,000 to Medina-Chevez's family
Man killed after meeting shooter in shopping center parking lot, police say
Reports: Comey knew Clinton email info was fake, created by Russia