CHARLOTTE, N.C. - On Friday, “10 Days of Thunder” officially kicked off at the Charlotte Motor Speedway and this year is a bit more sentimental than most others.
Fans will have the last chance to see Dale Earnhardt Jr. race in the All-Star Race Saturday.
After 11 NASCAR races this season, the consensus at Charlotte Motor Speedway's All-Star Race is to expect the unexpected.
No. 88 Earnhardt won the All-Star Race in 2000, and his final run to win it again will be Saturday night.
Racers wrapped up All-Star qualifying Friday night.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 83 United Blood Nation gang members arrested in 5-state raid
- MUGSHOTS: Dozens of Blood gang members arrested in gang crackdown
- CMPD: Mother of 4 shot after interrupting robbery outside home
- 9 Investigates: Twins accused of faking pregnancies while panhandling
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's weekend preview forecast
- MUST WATCH: Trio in custody after chase, crash in Chester Co.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.