CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The death toll from Typhoon Haiyan has now risen to nearly 4,000 people and about 1,200 people are still missing.
The Philippine president visited the hardest-hit region on Sunday and decided to stay.
He plans to be there until those residents receive the aid that they need.
The country's government is still struggling to distribute the nearly $250 million in supplies and cash it is received to help survivors.
On Sunday Filipino Americans in the Charlotte area gathered for a memorial service in honor of the victims of the super typhoon.
The service was held at West Cabarrus Church in Concord.
Organizers said they wanted not only to remember those who died in the storm, but also pray for those who are struggling afterward.
The pastor who led the service said it has been stressful for Filipino Americans here in the U.S. to be so far away from loved ones in the Philippines going through such turmoil.
To see more local news stories, click here.
Filipino Americans work to remember, help typhoon victims
Shots fired during 2 restaurant robberies; police investigate connection
Man shot inside car at west Charlotte Walmart, police say
FORECAST: Dense fog advisory for morning communte
Security agencies warn against possible violence at inauguration