WEDDINGTON, N.C. - A North Carolina judge refused to throw out a lawsuit against the town of Weddington.
In 2015, the Providence Volunteer Fire Department sued the town after Weddington leaders voted to switch its fire protection to Wesley Chapel, but refused to transfer the former station back to Providence.
A judge this week ruled that the suit can move forward, but they also removed an injunction that banned the town from selling the station.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Six Gaston County firefighters walk out after two were dismissed
- Mooresville man reported missing by family
- UNCC student's 2008 murder case heads back to court
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast
- Social media video threatens ‘war' on elementary school
- VIDEO: John Ahrens sings National Anthem at Charlotte Knights game
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Fire department lawsuit against town can move forward, judge says
HS basketball player shot, killed outside Lancaster community center
North Carolina prison guard dies after inmate attack
MUST WATCH: Authorities use PIT maneuver to end chase in Iredell County
Trump tax plan: What is the AMT, tax repatriation, the death tax?