by: Trish Williford Updated:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Dozens of Charlotte firefighters spent two hours on the scene of a house fire investigating what could have led to the blaze that trapped a woman inside her bedroom.
Firefighters said flames were shooting through the front of the home when they arrived on Porter Street shortly after 8:30 p.m. Monday.
Several people living inside the northwest Charlotte home managed to make it out safely.
But they said one woman was still trapped inside her bedroom in the front of the home crying out for someone to help get her to safety.
One man said he was crawling through the window when firefighters arrived.
That was when firefighters pulled the woman from the home.
The fire was caused by food cooking on the stove, officials said.
To see more local news stories, click here.
Firefighters pull woman from burning home
MINUTE-BY-MINUTE: CMPD headquarters evacuated due to suspicious package
Court records: Keith Scott served 7-year prison sentence for assault
Alexander Co. man charged with murder in death of girlfriend's son
Sponsored: Golf with Braylon Beam, celebrities to fight childhood cancer