HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. - Fire destroyed a home in Huntersville early Tuesday morning as firefighters braved freezing temperatures to put it out.
The Huntersville Fire Department sent Eyewitness News pictures from the blaze on McDiarmid Lane.
The fire started just before 1 a.m. and firefighters said everyone inside the house was able to get out safely.
They haven't said what caused it.
The frigid temperatures made fighting the fire tricky. Firefighters spread salt and kitty litter on the ground to prevent the water from their hoses from freezing and paramedics made sure firefighters did not show signs of hypothermia or frostbite.
The fire is under investigation.
Firefighters battle Huntersville blaze in frigid conditions
Family defends SC woman accused of putting 4-day-old son in refrigerator
Surgical assistant arrested in drug trafficking scheme, Rowan Co. deputies say
Autopsy reveals CMPD recruit died from overheating
Surveillance video catches group of women breaking into cars in Charlotte