CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Firefighters had to rescue a mother and her 1-year-old daughter from a burning east Charlotte apartment building.
They used a ladder to rescue the family from the second floor of the building on Perth Court off Milton Road.
The mother and child were taken to the hospital as a precaution.
The fire started in the kitchen and caused $5,000 in damage.
To see more local news stories, click here.
Firefighters rescue mom and toddler from fire
Shots fired after police chase ends at busy Cabarrus Co. intersection
Man taken into custody following SWAT standoff in west Charlotte
Propane torch ignited fire that destroyed Mount Holly church, investigators say
SC teacher accused of having sex with student found dead