CLEVELAND COUNTY, N.C. - Eyewitness News confirmed the first lawsuit has been filed after an E. coli outbreak at the Cleveland County Fair.
The family of Hannah Roberts told Eyewitness News that they are suing the fair for damages after their 5-year-old girl spent two weeks in the hospital.
Health officials tied to the fair's petting zoo to an outbreak that made 106 people sick and lead to the death of one toddler.
First lawsuit filed following Cleveland Co. Fair E. coli outbreak
CMPD identify suspect, officer in east Charlotte officer-involved shooting
State officials "disappointed" after Whitewater Center rafting channels…
Wife listens to entire 4-hour rescue of big-rig driver after I-85 crash
Crews from multiple fire departments battling Catawba Co. apartment fire