CHARLOTTE, N.C. - First Night Charlotte will be the center of activity this New Year’s Eve in uptown Charlotte. The family-friendly cultural event of the year will be held in Romare Bearden Park, which will come alive with artists, dancers, singers, circus performers, comedians and more on New Year’s Eve.
McDonald’s First Night Kids kicks off the New Year’s Eve celebrations and runs from 1-6 p.m. Evening activities last from 7-9:30 p.m., followed by a fantastic midnight finale featuring headline band, Sol Fusion, performing from 10 p.m. - 12:30 a.m. at the main stage.
Uptown security beefed up for First Night celebration
First Night Charlotte is a high-quality, alcohol-free celebration of the New Year that engages the community and advance the public’s appreciation of visual and performing arts through accessible shared cultural experiences, free of charge.
Attendees are encouraged to enjoy local dining before the Queen Charlotte crown is raised to ring in 2014.
1-6 p.m. McDonald’s® First Night Kids
Activities will take place on the Church Street side of Romare Bearden Park. Everyone is invited to come by, enjoy some entertainment, decorate your own crown at Crown Town, and take advantage of the TapSnap photobooth (free photos!).The Kids’ countdown will begin at 5:50 p.m.
McDonald’s® First Night Kids entertainment includes:
- The Magic of Glen Yost – one of our area’s finest magicians
- Cara Zara Hoops Entertainer – hula hoop performer, teacher and entertainer
- Caroline Calouche Aerial Artists – contemporary aerial dancers
- Spin Cycle Jugglers
- Steve Langley, The Great Fettucini – professional juggler and entertainer
- Chris Thompson Cultural Ensemble – African dance and drumming
- Ronald McDonald Magic Show
McDonalds® will have samples for all to enjoy.
7-9:30 p.m. First Night Charlotte evening activities
Activities will be held in and around Romare Bearden Park. Attendees are encouraged to enjoy dinner uptown and then head to the Park for entertainment and activities throughout the evening.
First Night Charlotte entertainment highlights includes:
- The Kenny Curry Band – singer/songwriter
- Charlotte Comedy Theater – improve and comedy performance
- Charlotte’s own Quentin “Q” Talley – performing selections from “Miles & Coltrane: Blue (.) by: Concrete Generation”
10 p.m. – 12:30 a.m. Countdown to Midnight, featuring headliner Sol Fusion
Taking place at the main stage, Sol Fusion performs until 12:30 a.m. as we celebrate the New Year together and countdown to midnight!
Performances and activities will take place in and around Romare Bearden Park located at 300 S. Church Street in uptown Charlotte. Admission is free.
For more information, visit firstnightcharlotte.com.
- See more at: http://www.gocarolinas.com/news/entertainment/first-night-charlotte-new-years-eve-celebration/ncPCH/#sthash.j86IVqyk.dpuf