CLEVELAND COUNTY, N.C. - A former Cleveland County teacher accused of sending inappropriate videos and photographs to students pleaded guilty to one count of indecent liberties.
Caron Blanton turned herself in Tuesday to start serving a 20-day sentence. She will also have to register as a sex offender for 30 years.
Read our past coverage:
- Parents shocked after former teacher accused of sending inappropriate video
- Teacher accused of sending inappropriate video to former students
Investigators said in April 2014 that Blanton became close with the two teens while they were students at Burns Middle School about two years ago.
She was ordered to undergo a sex offense evaluation and treatment.
Blanton was also ordered that she can no longer possess a cellphone with video or camera capabilities.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 5 facts about Walter Scott, man killed in S.C. police shooting
- Shocking video shows SC officer fatally shoot man in the back
- Previous complaint against S.C. officer who shot Walter Scott
- Family of man shot to death by S.C. officer asks for prayers, calm
- Drug suspects targeted in 'Operation 50-50' roundup
Former Cleveland County teacher pleads guilty to indecent liberties
Man hospitalized after shots ring out at NW Charlotte bus stop
FORECAST: Muggy conditions will bring afternoon storms
American Airlines worker accused of threatening TSA agent
Thunderbird F-16 plane flips on its top at Ohio air show