HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. - The Huntersville Chamber of Commerce celebrated its official one-year anniversary Monday morning in a ceremony led by former Mayor Jill Swain.
The chamber held a news conference to mark the occasion, saying they now have over 100 members and are growing every day.
Swain, who is the chamber’s executive director, said the success comes from connecting businesses with one another.
“We're actively matchmaking people, we're trying very hard not to be the entity that meets and passes business cards around, but to get to know each other," Swain said.
Monday's conference comes as rumors swirl of another mayoral run for Swain. Channel 9 asked if she plans to run again, but she said she has no plans to do so.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 3 arrested, another sought after man shot to death inside car in Gastonia
- Hackers target DOT road signs in Charlotte with vulgar messages
- 130 displaced after huge 3-alarm fire rips through Charlotte apartments
- WATCH: Keith Monday's week ahead forecast
- Police identify man killed in motorcycle collision with car
- CELLPHONE VIDEO: Flames engulf east Charlotte apartment building
© 2018 Cox Media Group.