by: Dave Faherty Updated:
A Good Samaritan was shot and killed trying to help someone who slid off an icy road Friday in Catawba County, authorities said.
Neighbors went to help the driver when the shooting happened, the sheriff said.
Authorities, along with SWAT, surrounded the vehicle on Mathis Church Road which initiated a standoff that lasted several hours.
Marvin Lee was inside that vehicle and was later arrested and charged with murder in connection with the deadly shooting, police said.
The sheriff said the Lee appeared to be intoxicated.
The shooting is under investigation.
No further details have been released.
Read more trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATES: Storm takes aim at Carolinas
- CMPD: Off-duty officer fires weapon in SW Charlotte
- Man, 21, charged in connection with killing of greenhouse owner
- National Guard soldiers report for duty ahead of winter storm
- WINTER STORM: Snow, freezing rain falling across the Carolinas
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Good Samaritan shot, killed trying to help man who slid off icy road
Man, woman arrested after SWAT standoff in Lancaster County
Cheerleading coach accused of sex crimes with 13-year-old girl
Man bit by copperhead in Ballantyne; sightings up around Charlotte
Ivanka Trump reportedly differs with President Trump on Syrian refugees