CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A Grand Jury has formally charged a man in connection with the murder of a teacher killed in Charlotte.
Angelo Smith has been indicted on murder charges.
PHOTOS: Bianca Tanner
Police said he confessed to killing his girlfriend, Bianca Tanner.
Officers found a body in the woods off Westinghouse Boulevard earlier this month.
RAW VIDEO: Chief Monroe announces re-arrest of Angelo Smith
The medical examiner confirmed last week that the body in the woods was Tanner's.
Members of North Carolina’s Greek fraternity community traveled to Charlotte Wednesday evening to participate in a rally against domestic violence.
The rally came in the wake of Tanner’s death and the arrest of Smith, who is a member of the Greek fraternity Kappa Alpha Psi.
READ PAST COVERAGE:
- July 10: Rally against domestic violence held to honor Bianca Tanner
- July 1: Bond for boyfriend of missing teacher set at $100K
- June 16: Missing teacher's son told police boyfriend 'hurt mommy in the face'
- June 15: Police, family, friends search for missing teacher
- June 13:Family of missing teacher Bianca Tanner in Charlotte to help search
- June 12: Search for missing teacher now homicide investigation
- June 10: Police seeking public’s help to find missing teacher
Grand Jury indicts man in connection with teacher's murder
Heavy rain, strong winds remain threats as storm system moves toward Carolinas
Man shot 8 times, killed in Chesterfield County, deputies say
Police: 5 hurt in serious crash in Ballantyne; speed, alcohol are factors
Trump acts on campaign promise, takes first steps toward repealing…