CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Hazmat crews were called out to a business in southwest Charlotte Thursday morning to investigate a hazmat leak on Westinghouse Blvd.
Officials told Channel 9 that a truck pulled into IGM Resins on Westinghouse Blvd. around 10 a.m. and when an employee opened the back of the truck, some strong fumes were released.
The Charlotte Fire Department was called and the business was briefly evacuated as a precaution.
Nobody was hospitalized.
The company performs coatings for wood and metal and they said they were unsure if the chemicals on the truck belonged to them.
Sign up for breaking news alerts, click here.