• Investigators may file criminal charges in Boone hotel deaths


    BOONE, N.C. - Investigators had a preliminary meeting Wednesday on possible criminal charges after three people died from carbon monoxide poisoning at a Boone hotel.

    In April and June, a senior couple and an 11-year-old boy died after staying in room 225 at the Best Western hotel.

    Police said a faulty pool water heater leaked carbon monoxide into the room.

    Our news partner, The Watauga Democrat reports they expect to present their full case to the district attorney within the next two weeks.

    Check out previous stories by clicking here.

    Next Up: