CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Channel 9 has learned that a man is now charged with murder in connection with a shooting last week in west Charlotte.
John Jeeter is booked in the Mecklenburg County Jail, and though he is charged with first-degree murder, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police have not yet confirmed that the victim has died.
Police said Jeeter shot a man several times last week on Baltimore Avenue, and Channel 9 was at the apartment complex as police investigated the shooting.
The victim was taken to the hospital with serious injuries but authorities said he was expected to survive.
That victim’s name has not been released, nor has a motive.
Jeeter will be in court Wednesday to face a judge on the murder charge.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Autopsy: 123 wounds on NC woman police say killed by husband
- Walmart detects scam, saves teen hundreds of dollars
- WATCH: Vicki Graf's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Mayor declares Wednesday #CLTisPrime Day to lure Amazon HQ
- Teen high on meth, pot pleads guilty in crash that killed 2 friends
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Man arrested in shooting last week now charged with murder
8-year-old flown to hospital after serious crash near Taylorsville
Threats made to cemetery where gravesite mementos allegedly trashed
Mystery surrounds removal of popular Huntersville #ConeWeed
Trump intends to declare North Korea a state sponsor of terror