CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The man accused of involuntary manslaughter in connection with a deadly crash on Sharon Road West has been released from jail.
Uriel Flores is back home with family, after bonding out Friday night.
His attorney said immigration officials agreed to the bond conditions as long as he wears an electronic monitoring device.
There is still a memorial at the crash site.
Friday, just hours after getting released from jail, Flores told Channel 9 he wants people to know the truth.
"Were you racing that night?" asked eyewitness news reporter Nate Stewart.
"No we weren't. We weren't racing," said Flores. "We weren't racing."
For the first time in three months, Flores is back with his family and speaking out about what he said happened that night in September.
The 19-year-old has been behind bars, charged in the crash that killed Shanquise Bush and a 3-year-old boy. He said the crash was not his fault.
"With time, justice is going to be proven," said Flores.
Prosecutors said Flores and Bush were stopped at a light on Sharon Road West when both sped away from the intersection.
IMAGES: Southpark wreck kills 2
Police say while their cars never touched, Bush lost control and hit a pole.
Flores said he saw the crash in his rearview mirror and pulled over to report it.
"Nobody thinks there was a fatality in the car, nobody thinks the worst," said Flores.
Hours later, he said he saw on the news police were looking for a white pickup truck and its driver.
"I did see it on Channel 9. I saw a picture of the truck in the road. They only had one picture from the side of it and I'm like 'Whoa,'" said Flores.
He went to police and they arrested him.
Last week Flores rejected a deal to plead guilty to lesser charges of two counts of misdemeanor death by vehicle in exchange for a reduced sentence.
He said he will continue to fight the charges and his heart goes out to the victims' families.
"I just pray for them. I just pray for them. I pray for them every night," said Flores.
Eyewitness News reached out to the Bush family and told them Flores was out of jail, but they didn't want to speak to reporters.
Flores will go to trial next year.
If he is found guilty of two counts of involuntary manslaughter, he could spend more than eight years in prison.
To see more local news stories, click here.
Man charged in deadly Southpark wreck: 'We weren't racing"
Death toll in California warehouse fire rises to 24, officials say
7-year-old girl dies after Salisbury home sprayed with bullets, police say
Driver charged after one killed in north Charlotte wreck, police say
North Mecklenburg Rescue Squad to stop serving Huntersville after town…