MAIDEN, N.C. - A man in Catawba County has been rushed to the hospital after falling nearly 20 feet off a bridge.
Two different drivers spotted the man lying near the edge of the bridge on Providence Church Road near the Maiden water plant.
Police said he ran out of gas and became dehydrated falling off the bridge and into the creek below.
Two women who live nearby stopped after spotting what they thought was part of a sweatshirt and some feet.
"When we passed by the only thing we seen was feet. Really you would have thought it was just a jacket laying there, but it was a whole human. I feel bad for him,” said witness Ashley Law.
Eyewitnesses said the man was conscious and talking but dehydrated.
Police don't think he had been there long.
More trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: 5 foot black bear spotted in Maiden
- South Rowan H.S. student accused of selling drugs to undercover officer
- Rescue Squad member accused of using emergency lights to deliver pizza
- Mother, baby inside Kannapolis store when robbed
- Teen shoots 6-foot rattlesnake that bit mother dog, puppies
Man rushed to hospital after falling off bridge in Maiden
Boy found with dead chicken around his neck sues former foster mother
Gov. McCrory concedes North Carolina governor's race to Roy Cooper
Salisbury businesses offer reward to find person who shot, killed…
Pair accused of assaulting Indian Trail Walmart greeter with stun gun