CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A man was struck by a vehicle at about 5:40 p.m. Wednesday in the 3500 block of Sunset Road, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said.
The man was wearing dark-colored clothes in the dark, unlit section of the busy road.
He stepped into the roadway and the driver did not have time to react, hitting the man.
He was taken to Carolinas Medical Center with severe, life-threatening injuries, police said.
The driver was not injured and was not charged.
Alcohol is not a contributing factor involving the driver.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman charged in connection with crash that killed her 14-month-old niece
- Police ask for public's help in search for missing Charlotte woman
- $1M bond set for man charged in 3-year-old NC girl's death
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Tuesday forecast outlook
- Richmond County water customers outraged after bills skyrocket
© 2017 Cox Media Group.