CHARLOTTE - A sushi restaurant reopened Monday after a van slammed into it Sunday night.
A van crashed into 18 Asian Sushi Bar on Rea Road.
The restaurant manager said a man was driving erratically when he slammed into another van. He then lost control of his vehicle and slammed into the restaurant.
The manager also said the bartender ran out to try to stop the man, who put the vehicle in reverse and tried to get away.
The bartender took the keys away from the driver.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said Monday the driver, Ronald Reed, was charged for driving drunk.
No one was seriously injured in the crash.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- One arrest made, investigation continues in bizarre murder case
- Dog shot and killed during road rage incident may have saved family
- Mecklenburg County's 44th sheriff sworn in Monday morning
- Day care letter says children may have been exposed to lead paint
- Temps to close in on 70 degrees ahead of Carolina Wedge