CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Weeks after a woman was attacked at McAlpine Greenway in south Charlotte, the Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation Department is working to make greenways safer.
The county department is posting safety signs along trails and the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department has been ramping up its police presense.
Channel 9 reported that a man attacked a jogger near McAlpine Creek last month.
Police have not made any arrests.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Search widens for Ohio Facebook Live murder suspect
- Charlotte boy who died at rotating restaurant in Atlanta identified
- Bicyclist hospitalized after collision with public safety vehicle in Cotswold
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's Monday forecast
- Congregation mourns Rowan Co. family killed in West Virginia crash
- WATCH: World rejoices as April the giraffe finally gives birth
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Mecklenburg County Parks working to make greenways safer
TRACKING: Flood Watch in effect as Charlotte sees record rainfall
Charlotte couple, mother accused of sex trafficking minors to Myrtle Beach
Mother, daughter killed in three-car crash in Concord, troopers say
Haley won't rule out strike vs North Korea for nuke testing