According to Medic, one person was transported to Carolinas Medical Center with minor injuries from Charlotte-Douglas Airport.
An official said the patient had minor injuries from smoke inhalation.
An airport spokesperson said there was no issue with an aircraft or anything within the terminal building. However, he did say there was a call for assistance from an airline employee regarding a possible problem with an overheated engine.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
Medic: Airline employee taken to CMC for smoke inhalation
Daughter killed when van plunged into Monroe quarry was pregnant, officials say
Treatment of brain-eating amoeba on hold at Whitewater Center
Father drowns saving 3 daughters from rip current at NC beach
CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Man points gun at store clerk in Catawba Co.