by: Tenikka Smith Updated:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Million Youth March of Charlotte will be pushed back for a few months as organizers work to raise more money.
The march and rally was scheduled to happen at the end of May, but organizers said it's now scheduled for August.
The group said it's still trying to raise the funds to cover the Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation fees to use Marshall Park as well as the insurance they will also have to get due to the large crowd expected at the event.
The march was created last year in response to deadly violence claiming the lives young people in Charlotte.
If you'd like more information about the march or would like to donate, click here.
Million Youth March organizers work to raise more funds
FORECAST: Temps will drop, storms will threaten most of Sunday
Teenager sought in 14-year-old's death in custody in Gaston County, police say
Charlotte rallies at March for Science movement on Earth Day
Hash browns recalled for possible contamination with golf balls