CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A North Carolina mother is expected to leave the hospital this weekend after a deadly carbon monoxide incident that killed her two children.
On Wednesday, Kathryn Gilliam was found unconscious and her two children, a 7-year-old and
8-year-old, died in the home.
Investigators say the family had just moved in a day before, didn't have electricity and were using a generator to power their refrigerator.
Investigators think Gilliam got up in the middle of the night to turn it off when she collapsed from the fumes.
Funeral arrangements have not yet been set for the children.
NC mom to leave hospital after CO accident kills 2 kids
I-85 reopened 14 hours after 18-wheeler crashed down embankment
Gaston County public park closed following early morning stabbing
EXCLUSIVE: Video shows part of chase before trooper shot, killed deaf man
911 call released from home where 4-day-old boy was put in refrigerator